Packraft for those who love freedom!
Packraft Compact open is a model that will guarantee you full freedom and independence when travelling. In creating it, we had the following in mind:
- reduce the weight of the equipment
- make it faster on the water
- maintain the existing strength of Pinpacks
- keep the design simple
On the one hand, we decided to reduce the weight of the packraft, and on the other hand, we wanted to maintain the phenomenal quality of the previous products. We achieved these two goals thanks to the use of TPU (polyurethane) material with a weight of 430g/m2 on the sides and 680g/m2 on the floor. All packraft elements are still welded, we do not use glues, thanks to which the joints are extremely durable and resistant to weather conditions. It is equally uncompromising in dealing with external factors such as stones, branches, etc.
Packraft that you don’t have to carry
Packraft Pinpack Compact is an option for those who, when setting out on an expedition, do not want to carry unnecessary kilograms.
We have created it for travellers who take only a minimum amount of luggage with them in the field. That’s why Compact is great for backpacking.
This model is our smallest and lightest packraft in the entire collection. Weighs less than two bottles of mineral water: just 2.8 kg.
Packraft for backpacking, long distance swimmers and freedivers
The Packraft Compact is a solution for both short crossings and long journeys. We also recommend it to long-distance swimmers and freedivers (as protection). Packraft Compact open has low sides. There is also no extra deck. Therefore, we do not recommend it for crossing mountain rivers. If that’s what you’re going for, check out the Pinpack packrafts with deck.
What makes the Compact model different from Amundsen? (we compare models without a deck)
- Compact is almost a kilo lighter,
- faster on water
- smaller after packing,
- narrower, shorter and has lower sides (this makes rowing easier for shorter people),
- it has less space inside for luggage, it’s perfect for micro-trips when you don’t need to take a lot of luggage.
Packraft Compact—set content:
- packraft (dinghy) in the selected colour
- compression strap (trap) 2.3 m long and 2.5 cm wide
- inflatable seat (mounted with two Velcro fasteners, possible to mount in two different positions)
- inflate sack (optional: valved bag or drawstring bag)
- 6 d-rings (handles) on the sides for releasing a life rope or mounting luggage
- 2 d-rings for mounting the seat
- 4 d-rings on the inside of the sides for mounting the side leg straps